Thanks for coming back for Part 2 of Hello World and embracing your Weirdness!
- Weird (noun) fate; destiny; one of the Fates, or Norns; also, a prediction
- Weird (noun) a spell or charm
- Weird (adj) of or pertaining to fate; concerned with destiny
- Weird (adj) of or pertaining to witchcraft; caused by, or suggesting, magical influence; supernatural; unearthly; wild; as, a weird appearance, look, sound, etc
- Weird (verb) to foretell the fate of; to predict; to destine to
Origin: [OE. wirde, werde, AS. wyrd fate, fortune, one of the Fates, fr. weoran to be, to become; akin to OS. wurd fate, OHG. wurt, Icel. urr. 143. See Worth to become.]
Ok, now that we know the definition, we can proceed. Weirdness for years has been looked upon as unacceptable in some ways. So, how do you deal with it? Do you act like it does not exist and still act like you want or is a look that you were born with? Young teenagers are getting injections and surgery to fix themselves!! No kidding!
I wonder if someone called them weird or if they felt unacceptable, only a doctor knows. But this is about what we were born with, big chin, large cheeks, skinny nose etc. Whatever it is that you need a little more time accepting, are you not worth it? Ok, some things are a little difficult to deal with, I’m certain. But how do you explain a teenager getting surgery?
Where are we as a society that we can not love each other without wanting some type of change? IMO, we are damaged in some sort of way and that evens the playing field in the vanity department. So why not embrace that scar, or genetic disposition? Come on, do not buy into this image of no defects! We are not replicas, are we? You can do it.